The Centre is the only secondary school in La Rambla. It belongs to the English bilingual project and it has got a staff of about fifteen teachers.
Here, they can study the following:
- ESO: compulsory secondary education for 4 years. Then, students decide to continue with their studies throughout bachillerato or a middle grade training cycle, or to stop studying.
- Bachillerato: it lasts two years and there are four different modalities: humanities, social sciences, health sciences and technology in order to prepare you to enter the University or a Higher Level Training Cycle.
- FPB: is the first level of vocacional formation, destinated to students who has dropped out the usual way to complete their Secondary studies.
- CFGM in Computing and Networking: a vocational training for the future technicians in Computing and Networking.
- ESPA: it is for adults to improve their job opportunities and their social integration.
- ESO: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 15:00 p.m.
- Bachillerato: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 15:00h p.m.
- FPB:Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 15:00h p.m.
- CFGM: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 15:00 p.m. (students of the second year begin in September and they end in March, for practising in a workplace).
- ESPA: one or two afternoons a week from 18 p.m.
Here you can contact with the centre.
On 4 October, 1968, this centre opened its doors. Classes were given during the morning and evening, from Monday to Friday, and on Saturday mornings.
In 1974 the centre took the name of Espes Nostra and the two years of bachillerato were added. In 1975, the building was enlarged and it was remodeled again in the year 2000 to accommodate the nearly 600 students. During the school year 2006 / 2007, a new assembly hall was built and the centre was adapted to welcome the ICT project.
Sources consulted and authorship:
- I.E.S Profesor Tierno Galván
- Photos done by Isa Palacios Bascón
- This post has been elaborated by Natalia García Yepes (2014/2015) and María José Prieto Bascón (2015/2016)
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish